Remote Control for Dynamic Shark power wheel chair module
Maker – Tony Matthews
Arduino based RC module for the Dynamic Shark range of Power Wheelchair controllers Use as is, with any input you choose : Analog Joystick, RC reciever, Corded nintendo Wii or Remote Wii. or… Stack with a Raspberry Pi B+ , let the Arduino communicate with the Power module
add sensors : IR, Ultrasonic, GPS, Altimeter, Accelerometer
or ….. even remove the Arduino and let the Pi do all of the dirty work.
Programming is with the Arduion IDE.
Designed by Tony Matthews with coding assitance from Wheelchairdriver.com members Woody, Lenny, Doung L, Sir Mike and Jim from the UK
Works with the following Power Modules
- DK-PMB40 Basic 40A Power Module for drive only
- DK-PMB50 Basic 50A Power Module for drive only
- DK-PMB60 Basic 60A Power Module for drive only
- DK-PMB01 Basic 60A + 15A boost Power Module for drive only
- DK-PMC01 Basic 75A + 15A boost Power Module for drive only
- DK-PMB11 60A + 15A boost Power Module for drive only + 1 Actuator
- DK-PMB21 60A + 15A boost Power Module for drive only + 2 Actuators + Lights
- DK-PMB31 60A + 15A boost Power Module for drive only + Lights
- DK-PMC21 75A + 15A boost Power Module for drive only + 2 Actuators + Lights
- Upgrade your chair
- Up cycle a used power chair
Current versions connect directly to the Power Module and don’t need to be connected via the Shark Joystick.
This is an earlier build on protoboard.
I sit on the upcycled power wheelchair with the seat facing backwards so i can see where i am going, get in the car after hitching it up and then drive the RC unit back to the garage, ready for when i get home…hopefully with a boat load of squid !
It may be used on its own or as a Hat for a Pi B+
At present this is the only schematic i have.